About Me: Back in Business
After two decades of working as a writer and blogger in information technology, photography now my passion. My foundation as a photographer comes from a lifelong practice as an artist (painter, drawing portraits) and education in fine art, and photography and design. I worked as a photojournalist and band performance photographer in the late 1980's and 1990's.
I am available to do Personal Brand Photography, Band Photography (not performance, for now), Restaurant and Food Photography, and Headshots. A temperature check and and symptom check prior to the shoot is required (day of) , and masks are required except for during the actual photoshoot for headshots. I will maintain at least a six foot distance from subjects.
Photography Types—The Other Stuff
As a general-practice photographer, here are a few more types of photography that I can do while maintaining social distancing and with personal protective equipment:
- Real estate photography (for MLS listings)
- Commercial photography for food and restaurant (I come to you at your place of business) and products in my studio.I do restaurant and food photography on site, also maintaining social distancing, wearing a mask, and being provided a booth or table away from others for shooting.
- Menu design and publication including the photos i took of your dishes and business.
What I Don't Do
I am not set up for "newborn photography" (which is a speciality), boudoir photography, or wedding photography. If you need a type of photography that you don't see here, please contact me. I am happy to give you a referral.
Texas Fine Art Photography
I create photographic works of art to complement your home or office that bring out the beauty and truly unique aspects and beauty of Texas. See my Fine Art category on my website for examples.
Resume: Past Experience
- Journalist and photographer for the US government
- Feelance and event music photographer
- Blogger, writer, content producer, convention photography
Events & Performance Experience
- Karen Abrahams Benefit, Dripping Springs, TX
- DellWorld 2012
- Healthcare Alliance for Austin Musicians (HAAM) fundraisers
- Communities in Schools fundraiser
- Central Texas Bluegrass Association (CTBA) Band Scramble fundraiser
- Performance of Pippi Longstocking at the Austin Scottish Rite Theatre
- Multiple concert performances, such as Ray Wiley Hubbard, Danny Santos, Bob Livingston, John Inmon, and more.
Publications & Awards
- Texas Parks & Wildlife Magazine, December 2016
- Hays County Government Center, Juried Shows, 4 in 2015 and 3 in 2016, 2017, 2019, 2019, currently exhibiting in 2020.
- Fayette County News, Photostory, EMS in Fayetteville, TX
- Copelands Jewelers Year of Giving Calendar, 2015
- Austin Society Magazine, Austin, TX
- Guitar International Magazine
- CTBA Newsletters
- DellWorld 2012
- Various blogs
- Blue ribbon first prize in photography at the Texas State Fair
- First and second prizes, City of Farmers Branch Photography Competitions
- USDA FNS Newsletter, multiple photos, Washington, DC and Dallas, Texas
- Chris Humphrey, Acclaim Talent, Photo of Actor Musician (http://www.acclaimtalent.com/node/56)
- 26 Doors, Estes Audiology Website: http://26doors.com/estes-audiology-hearing-centers/ Pictures at bottom of screen, Top row, photo 3, woman at computer; bottom row, photos 1 (group at table), 3 (Reception area) and 4 (Exam office)
- Picssr: Butler Park, Austin, TX: http://picssr.com/tags/butlerpark/interesting/page4
- 13 Best Sandwich Shops in Your State: Burro Cheese Kitchen: http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/texas/austin/best-sandwiches-austin/
- Broadview Networks, Emerging Tech Trends in Telecommunications, Blog, by Kathy Miller: https://www.broadviewnet.com/blog/2013/07/emerging-tech-trends-in-telecommunications. NOTE: Photo used with attribution, Flickr.
- Associate's Degree in Fine Art in Dallas
- University of Texas at Dallas Photography Program
- Attending the New York School of Photography
- National News Photographers of America (NPPA)
- Professional Photographers of America (PPA)
- American Society of Media Photographers (ASMP)
I am insured and pay taxes in the State of Texas. My Limited Liability Company is "Ost Creative Projects, LLC" / dba Diana Ost Photography.
Commercial Photography and what you should get:
I have a business question for you. Shouldn't you get a Worldwide, unrestricted, commercial license for your product photos that gives you the right to use those photos where you want to? Shouldn't you get what you pay for? Sure, your seller account provider (like Amazon) can take photos of your products for you. It sounds so convenient--they just pull the product from fulfillment, take three photos, and your'e done. But did you read the fine print? Many times don't retain rights to those photos. If you want to you them on your web site, can you? On another platform like Etsy or Ebay? No you can't.
Wouldn't you prefer to work with a commercial photographer in your community who can give you a license with photo rights and multiple photos (not just three) of your products for the just about the same cost? Lets talk about your products and desired esthetic. I do more than pure white backgrounds--I can do your Hero and lifestyle shots as well.
Call Diana Now!
I'd love to help you with your project.
Ost Creative Projects, LLC / dba Diana Ost Photography; a Texas Limited Liability Company.
Commercial/Editorial photography based in Round Rock, Texas, providing Food & Restaurant Photography, Environmental Portraits, and Product Photography.
Diana Ost Photography serves clients without regard for race, color, national origin, language, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.
Member Professional Photographers of America (PPA) and Association of Media Photographers (ASMP).
Black Lives Matter.
© 2008 - 2021 Diana Ost. All Rights Reserved.